Thank you Opher Brayer for posting.
The Ten Commandments of Networking.
1. Remember that the reason you know the other person is in order to share what you have, and not in order to check “what’s in it for me”.
2. Create a rapport (give feedback).
3. Study proactively the others’ persons’ real needs.
4. Create a warm atmosphere.
5. Give advice, share knowledge, and most of all, connect people smartly.
6. Learn how to recognize a giver, as opposed to a taker.
7. Continuity is the name of the game.
8. Care about the person, and let him, care about you.
9. Be comfortable to accept value naturally.
10. Know your value and think Systemically.